Hydration Hacks: How to Keep Your Skin Moisturized in Winter
Winter brings with it the difficulty of keeping skin hydrated and healthy. Dryness, flakiness, and irritation can result from your skin losing its natural moisture due to cold temperatures, low humidity, and strong winds. But worry not! You can fight off the winter blues and maintain the radiance and suppleness of your skin with the correct hydration tricks.
We'll look at a few practical methods in this blog post to make sure your skin remains hydrated during the colder months.
What causes winter dry skin?
Dry skin is a result of indoor heating systems, chilly winds, and low humidity throughout the winter. The dry, chilly air depletes the skin of its natural oils and causes dehydration. Furthermore, the skin's protective layer can be weakened by hot showers and exposure to cold weather, which can cause dryness, flakiness, and irritation in the winter.
Due to this it is necessary to keep your skin moisturized and include products in your skincare routine that helps with the dryness.
Hacks to keep your skin moisturized in winter
1. Moisturizing right after washing: As soon as you step out of the shower or wash your hands or face, always follow up with a nourishing moisturizer. As your skin is still damp, it’ll help absorb the moisture more effectively.
You can try 3AM hydrating face moisturiser, which works particularly well during the winter season due to ingredients like niacinamide and shea butter. It is not only the best lightweight moisturizer but also the best under eye cream as well.
2. Use a moisturizer/lotion with hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is a very versatile ingredient and is known to help enhance skin hydration by drawing in moisture. Including a moisturizer or a body lotion infused with this ingredient can help your skin maintain its hydration levels. Ceramides, glycerin, and aloe are moisturizing ingredients that, in addition to hyaluronic acid, can help retain water keeping the skin lubricated. They also help keep the skin cells moisturized & make the skin barrier healthy.
3AM hyaluronic acid body lotion is the best moisturizing lotion for dry skin. The hyaluronic acid in it locks in moisture, while Centella asiatica (CICA) soothes the irritated skin.
3. Don’t forget a hydrating serum: Serums play a crucial role in elevating your skincare routine. Serums are used as targeted treatments for your skin concerns, and during the winter, moisturizing serums help elevate issues like dry and flaky skin. If you are looking for a hydrating serum, one with hyaluronic acid is the best choice to go with. It enhances the skin’s moisture-retaining abilities.
3AM serum for hydration is enriched with all the nourishing ingredients: hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and aquaxyl, which provide your skin with a boost of much-needed hydration during the winter. Hyaluronic acid absorbs 1000x its own weight in water so it keeps all the moisture locked into your skin, making it plump, smooth, and healthy. While aquaxyl reduces the transepidermal water loss and ceramides with their water locking properties provides a long lasting moisturizing effect.
4. Include a hydrating cleaner in your routine: Even though it's crucial to remove extra oil and debris from the skin, certain cleansers are just too harsh for people with particular skin types. 3AM hyaluronic acid face wash is suitable for all skin types; it gently exfoliates, moisturizes, cleanses pollutants, and removes makeup without drying out or stripping the skin.
Because harsh substances and formulas can induce increased oil production and increased dryness, oily skin can also benefit from using a mild cleanser. Changing your everyday cleanser could be the solution if your oily skin appears unusually dry.
5. Midday moisture with a hydrating face mist: A face mist is very handy whenever your skin feels a bit dry or you want to rehydrate the skin anytime of the day. What better than 3AM’s moisturizing spray for face that will double up as a makeup setting spray too? Infused with the goodness of niacinamide that not only hydrates but also makes the skin glowly.
Easy-to-carry face mists act as hydration on the go for your skin, ensuring your skin is plump and glowing throughout the day.
6. Skip long hot showers: Even in the dead of winter, a warm, steamy shower feels wonderful, but prolonged exposure to heat can dehydrate and leave your skin feeling parched. Instead, after taking a shower, rinse off with lukewarm water and moisturize while your skin is still damp. That will aid in retaining moisture and warding off dryness.
7. Layer your skincare: During winters not only layering your clothes help shield from the harsh winters but layering the skincare products will help your skin too. Followed by a toner you can include a Vitamin C face serum which helps in reducing wrinkles and seal it with a good moisturizer.
Wintertime skin care involves both exterior and internal hydration to keep your skin hydrated. It is still possible to have smooth, supple, and glowing skin throughout the hard winter months by using the proper skincare products, drinking plenty of water, and following these hydration tips. Follow these hacks and enjoy the season with glowing skin!
Make your own winter skincare bundle with our Buy 4 @999 offer and save big!