Monsoon Skin Care: Protecting Your Skin During the Rainy Season
While the rainy season is here to paint everything in gorgeous hues of green, we are here to tell you that your skin needs to be prepped for it to brave through the rainy season.
Monsoon skincare is essential because the unique weather conditions call for some extra love and pampering for your skin so that it stays happy, healthy and radiant.
Problems Faced By The Skin during Monsoon
The reason for our claim that a special monsoon skincare routine is important, finds its rooting in a number of problems that can be faced by the skin during the rainy season. Some of those problems are:
The monsoon season nurtures in its wake, a lot of surprise activity by allergens. If you do not empower your skin to deal with these kinds of attacks, there is a high probability that you shall fall prey to some kind of skin allergy or rash.
During the monsoons, the humidity levels are dialled up. This can make your skin feel greasy and make way for acne and other kinds of skin breakouts.
Risk Of Bacterial Infection
The incessant rains create a safe haven for bacteria to thrive. Consequently, moist skin can invite bacterial infections. Proper hygiene and cleansing routines can effectively keep bacterial infections at bay.
Skincare Tips For Monsoon
If you want to take note of some skin care tips during the monsoon, we have put together the right information for you.
- Irrespective of the humidity outside, you need to pay articulate attention to staying hydrated. This will flush out excess toxins from your skin.
- Cleanse your face properly with a hydrating face wash and apply a toner to balance the pH levels of your skin.
- Cloudy weather might make you think that it is ok to step out without your sunscreen. But don’t be fooled! UV rays can be sneaky and therefore you need to be prepared. Apply, the Sundowner Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ by 3AM for augmented skin protection.
- Stay away from heavy make-up. If you apply a lot of makeup, it can clog your pores and encourage acne breakouts.
- It is important for you to have a balanced diet to ensure that your skin and body stay nourished and healthy.
- Keep your make-up brushes and beauty blenders clean, as dirty makeup tools can cause skin infections.
- Go easy on exfoliation. It is not a good idea to overstimulate your skin during the monsoon. For proper skin care in the rainy season, use a gentle skin exfoliator, not more than once or twice a week.
- Add Vitamin C to your skincare routine. The 3AM Vitamin C Serum can be a stellar routine. It will empower your skin to handle environmental stimuli in the most efficient manner.
You Might Like Reading:
Step-By-Step Skincare Routine For Monsoon
Here is a step-by-step skincare routine that you can follow to ensure that your skin does its own happy little rain dance this monsoon!
Opt for a gentle cleanser and use it on your skin during your daytime and nighttime skincare regime. This will purge your skin of all kinds of germs and impurities.
You can use a refreshing toner like our Speed Dial Face Mist to balance out the pH level of your skin and prep it for the subsequent steps of skin care.
Look for a non-greasy and lightweight moisturiser for your skin. Check out the list of ingredients to ensure that the moisturiser resonates with your skin’s needs. Look for a hydrating moisturiser like 3AM Baesic Moisturiser which can be a great addition to your skincare in rainy season or in fact, any other season as well.
Use a gentle skin exfoliator to properly scrub your skin once or twice a week. Make sure that you don’t overdo the skin exfoliation.
Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen even during cloudy days to ensure that your skin stays protected from UV rays. Reapply your sunscreen every 2-3 hours or as per your outing for effective sun protection.
You Might Like Reading:
When you follow an articulate monsoon skincare routine, you don’t just make your skin look but feel healthy as well. As the raindrops pitter-patter around you, it’s time for you to ensure that your skin partakes in happiness and doesn’t lag around feeling left out. The above-mentioned monsoon skin care tips will come in handy for you to enjoy the rainy season while looking and feeling your absolute best! The vegan skincare products by 3AM are your skin’s best friend and you can always rely on us for the best care for your skin and body.
FAQ on Monsoon Skincare
How do you take care of your skin in the monsoon?
By adhering to the monsoon skin care tips, you can ensure that your skin is properly taken care of during monsoons.
How to prevent skin from getting too oily in the monsoon?
By following a step-by-step skincare routine for oily skin, you can ensure that your skin doesn’t get too oily during the rainy season. Regular cleaning and timely exfoliation can be helpful in keeping your skin from getting excessively oily.
How do you moisturise your skin in monsoon?
You should always use a lightweight moisturiser that has a non-greasy formulation to keep your skin moisturised during monsoons.