Winter Skincare for Different Skin Types: Customizing Your Routine
The cold winds and the sweet warmth of the sun surely bring in some holiday cheers in the winter. Just like how you protect yourself with your cosy woollens the cold weather calls for special winter skin care to keep your skin healthy. Whether you have dry skin or oily skin, a dedicated winter skin routine will see you through the chilly winds. In this blog let us look at how you can build a winter skin care routine at home. While you are sipping on some hot cocoa and enjoying a holiday mood, do not forget the much-required winter season skincare.
Why your skin needs special care during winter
The chilly, arid atmosphere of winter may cause your skin to feel taut, and dry, and even make it flaky. The cold air can strip your skin of its natural moisture and lead to irritation and extreme dryness. Thus maintaining a winter skin care routine will help you in maintaining healthy skin with a radiant complexion.
Winter skincare routine for different skin types
Regardless of your skin type, you should build a winter face care routine. Below let us check some tips for dry skin care routine in winter and for other skin types too. We will discuss the winter skin care routine step by step for all skin types.
Winter Skincare Routine For Dry Skin
For people with dry skin, winter months are a challenge. The cold temperature can be harsh on dry skin. Dry skin typically has less natural oil or moisture thus it can lead to dry patches, flakiness, itchiness and redness in dry cold climates. Hydration is the key to surviving the winter especially if you have dry skin.
Here’s a dry skin care routine in winter that you can follow.
- Double Cleansing - use a hydrating face wash to double cleanse your face.
- Tone - Tone your face with a hydrating face mist
- Serum - Hydrate your skin with a hydrating serum like 3AM Serum for Hydration and Collagen. This will help you to boost collagen production in your skin.
- Moisturize - Never skip the moisturizer in winter. Use 3AM Baesic Moisturizer for your skincare winter dry skin. With hydrating ingredients like niacinamide and liquorice, it will help to nourish your skin.
- Protect - While stepping out in the sun, protect your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen because UV rays do not reduce in the winter.
Winter Skincare Routine For Oily Skin
A colder climate does not mean that oily skin is taking a break! It can be even more difficult to manage oily skin in winter as you attempt to find the ideal balance between reducing excess oil production and preventing your skin from being too dry.
Skin care for oily skin in winter warrants a winter skin care routine step by step designed for oily skin.
- Double-cleanse your skin with a hydrating facewash with cica. Cica is effective in cleansing oily skin especially if you have acne-related problems.
- Tone your face with a face mist
- Apply an acne serum like 3AM Serum for Acne and Hyperpigmentation. Ingredients like niacinamide and alpha arbutin are helpful for oily skin. You can also apply 3AM Exfoliation Serum to clear clogged pores.
- Moisturize the skin with 3AM Baesic Moisturiser with tomato and mushroom extracts.
- Protect it with a vegan sunscreen
Winter Skincare Routine For Combination Skin
If you have combination skin, or normal skin it is better you use 3AM Vitamin C serum for your skincare routine in winter. After cleansing and toning use the Vitamin C serum to get glowing skin. Follow it up with the niacinamide moisturiser and protect it with sunscreen while stepping out.
Winter Skincare Routine For Sensitive Skin
People with sensitive skin often face a challenge for skincare. It is best to choose skincare products that are mild yet effective for sensitive skin. Mild concentrations of face serums are perfect for sensitive skin as they do not irritate the skin.
Why you should not skip Winter body care?
Winter is also a time when you should not skip care for your body. Here’s how you can do it.
Use 3AM Hydrating Bathing Bar with the goodness of oat milk and lavender at bath time so that your skin is hydrated and doesn’t feel dry.
Post bath, use the 3AM Body Lotion because it contains hydrating ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and cica.
Remember, consistency is the key to achieving healthy skin in winter. You can look your best and enjoy the winter wonderland by using the suggested winter skin routine. Let’s cheer for a season of glowing, well-maintained skin!
Q. What is the best skincare routine for winter?
A: Some of the best winter skin care tips are to keep your skin hydrated with serum and moisturizer. The cold winds of winter can add to the dryness of the skin. Use a hydrating serum and a nourishing moisturizer to keep your skin healthy.
Q. How do I choose winter moisturiser?
A: Choose a moisturizer with hydrating ingredients like niacinamide, aloe vera, and glycerine among other skin-friendly ingredients. 3AM Baesic Moisturizer can nourish and hydrate your skin perfectly during winter.
Q. Is it necessary to use moisturizer for oily skin in winter?
A: You a light-weight moisturiser even if you have oily skin, because oily skin also needs hydration, especially during winter.