Two’s company, three’s a deal! Buy 2, Get 1 Free! Use code B2G1 🥳
Shop Smarter, Save Bigger Buy 4 @ INR999/- on selected products
A deal that's TWICE as nice Buy 4 @INR 999/- on selected products
image slide 3

Superfood for good winter skin

Superfood for good winter skin

All of us consume different food items cooked in different ways as well. For us humans, it is a source of health and power. When we talk about food is mostly about consuming it to gain energy to perform everyday activities and not fall ill. But honestly, food has much more to it than one sees. Food’s property to provide benefits like vitamins and minerals can change due to minute changes in the way we handle it as well. Certain food items can provide great benefits are cooking and some do not. From adding salt to blanching to eating raw, food habits and the way of cooking comes as a surprise to many. 

Food preparation that offers significant health advantages is an art that takes years to master. As a result, superfoods are even more crucial since, depending on how and when they are ingested, they can improve human nutrition. The idea of superfoods is still relatively unknown to many people. Continue reading to find out what is beneficial for flawless, attractive winter skin.

According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary superfoods are a food that is abundant in substances that are claimed to be good for one's health, such as antioxidants, fiber, or fatty acids. 

Knowing what foods fall under the category of superfoods is crucial if you want to ensure that they only benefit you and not the other way around, especially when it comes to the season. The superfoods listed below are healthy to eat throughout the winter because they not only benefit the body but also the skin.


Beta-carotene, which is abundant in carrots, shields our skin from UV rays. Vitamin A, potassium, and antioxidants found in carrots help prevent dry skin and concerns with uneven skin tone.

Green leafy vegetables:

Green vegetables are high in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins and can have an anti-inflammatory effect. Examples include spinach, fenugreek, mustard, and mint. They can be eaten as saag or in rotis, sabzis, and other dishes.

Citrus fruits:

Winter is when citrus fruits like oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, and limes are at their freshest, juiciest, and most delicious. These fruits, which are high in vitamin C, make great winter superfoods. The water content can assist keep the body hydrated, vitamin C can help increase immunity, and fiber can help with digestion, to name a few of the commonly claimed advantages. These fruit superfoods are good for the winter since they are high in vitamin C and have antibacterial characteristics that can assist with acne, pigmentation, and dark spots. In addition, they brighten the skin and lessen the appearance of aging.

Sweet potato: 

A winter special comes with a tonne of advantages. Because they are high in fiber, sweet potatoes help people feel fuller for longer. Sweet potatoes contain significant levels of beta-carotene, which not only nourishes the skin but also makes it glow from the inside out. They are crucial for increasing immunity and defending the body against mild illnesses.


A healthy sugar substitute with warming characteristics is jaggery. It is a fantastic option for people who are anemic because it is high in iron. During the winter, jaggery helps maintain proper iron levels, which in turn helps RBCs bind oxygen. Those with reduced iron levels experience colder temperatures and less oxygen availability in their bodies.

Superfoods can help your skin either directly or indirectly. The relationship between gut health and skincare means that if our bodies are happy, healthy, and hydrated, our skin will be flawless from the inside out. If our gut health is good, our skin won't experience any of the problems that we typically see, hear, read, or experience. Studies even suggest that between 75 and 80% of our health is governed by our eating behaviors or food consumption, with the remaining 15-20% coming from exercise. This is enough to understand the importance of food and a healthy diet.

This is your sign to focus on your diet and see the changes not only in your body but your skin too!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *